NASHVILLE, Tenn. – July 28, 2017 - Much like music, “love has a way of outliving everything,” and multi-platinum selling BBR Music Group/ Red Bow Records artist JOE NICHOLS has a lifelong way of delivering that traditional country sound, as displayed on his new album NEVER GETS OLD, out today. Download and stream the album HERE.
Written by Steve Moakler and Connie Harrington, the lead single and title track “Never Gets Old,” for which the album takes its name, offers a sweet, nostalgic melody delivered by Nichols’ traditional baritone. The lyric video for the title track exclusively premieres today via One Country, sharing the catchy tune with their more than 6.45 million Facebook fans - watch HERE.
“By mixing contemporary themes with traditional sounds, Joe Nichols stays true to his roots…throughout Never Gets Old, Nichols proves why he has stayed a prominent name in country music for so long. His desire to stay relevant while staying true to his traditional country identity makes for a perfect contemporary blend of country sounds.” ~ Sounds Like Nashville
“This guy endures as one of the greatest singers in contemporary country music.” ~ Music Row
“Joe brings his flawless voice to this straight forward love song and the rest of the album.” ~ One Country
Drawing from Country tradition in its truest form, the album reflects a timeless sound and features songwriter heavyweights Chris Stapleton, Zach Crowell, and Shane Minor. Standout tracks include the soaring tribute to the human experience of “We All Carry Something” to the traditional steel-laden sing along “I’d Sing About You” while “Diamonds Make Babies” adds a dose of light-hearted mischief.
Joe Nichols – Never Gets Old - Track Listing:
1. “Diamonds Make Babies” (Chris Stapleton, Jim Beavers, Lee Miller)
2. “Girl In The Song” (Lynn Hutton, Neal Coty)
3. “We All Carry Something” (Westin Davis, Justin Weaver)
4. “I’d Sing About You” (Chris Janson, Preston Brust, Chris Lucas)
5. “Breathless” (Zach Crowell, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite)
6. “Tall Boys” (Monty Criswell, Shane Minor, Tom Shapiro)
7. “Hostage” (Brett Tyler, Aaron Eshuis, Ryan Lafferty)
8. “Never Gets Old” (Steve Moakler, Connie Harrington)
9. “Billy Graham’s Bible” (Chris Dubois, Jimmy Melton, Neal Coty)
10. “So You’re Saying” (Ross Copperman, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear)
11. “This Side of the River” (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz, Jeremy Crady)
12. "Baby Got Back" feat. Darren Knight aka “Southern Momma” (Anthony Ray)
Fans of Nichols’ live show will recognize his throwback country interpretation of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back,” featuring comedian Darren Knight. Nichols has been performing this classic-twist in concert thanks to fan demand, and this is its first time on a recorded project. Watch Joe give a tongue-in-cheek reading of the song’s iconic chorus HERE.
This summer, Nichols brings the nationwide NEVER GETS OLD Tour to festivals and legendary clubs such as Cotton Eyed Joe in Knoxville, Tenn. (Aug. 5) and Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth, Texas (Aug. 26). For a full list of upcoming tour dates, visit https://joenichols.com/events.
JOE NICHOLS TOUR DATES:
7/28 – Guthrie Center, IA – Guthrie’s River Ruckus
7/29 – Wayne, NE – Wayne County Fair*
8/3 – Little Valley, NY – Cattaraugus County Fairgrounds*
8/4 – Hamilton, OH – Big Buls Roadhouse*
8/5 – Knoxville, TN – Cotton Eyed Joe*
8/12 – Little Current, ON, Canada– Manitoulin Country Fest*
8/19 – Calgary, AB, Canada – Country Thunder Calgary
8/26 – Fort Worth, TX – Billy Bob’s Texas*
9/9 – Pomona, CA – Los Angeles County Fairgrounds
9/14 – Columbus, OH – The Bluestone*
9/16 – Dubuque, IA – Diamond Jo Casino’s Mississippi Moon Bar*
10/1 – Atlantic City, NJ – Garden State Country Music & Food Truck Festival at Bader Field
11/18 – Harrington, DE – Harrington Casino Exhibit Hall*
* Denotes headlining date
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 28, 2017) – Logan Mize is an artist on the ascent with the numbers to back it up. His 12-track album — produced by Dan Agee— Come Back Road is out today and has already yielded a single demonstrating the power of his songwriting and voice. The full-length Big Yellow Dog Music release can be purchased HERE.
The debut single from the “driving” (Rolling Stone) Come Back Road, “Ain’t Always Pretty,” was pushed out early this year and has already exceeded 22 million streams on Spotify and has been selected for inclusion on popular playlists on both Spotify and Apple Music. With early support from The Bobby Bones Show, “Ain’t Always Pretty” has quickly become the most popular single ever released by Mize. He continues to prove that he is one of the hottest independent artists to watch in country music with cutting-edge success, strong fan feedback and glowing reviews.
“‘Come Back Road,’ written by Josh Kear, Ross Copperman and Rodney Clawson, benefits from symmetry in the production – a fingerpicked acoustic guitar and Mize's serrated edge vocals give way to a contemporary, thunderous drum loop before returning to the acoustic strums.” - Jon Freeman, Rolling Stone Country.
Exclusive premieres were released by Rolling Stone, Taste of Country, The Boot, Lovin’ Lyrics and The Shotgun Seat; all eager to be the first to share the music with their followers.
"I'm really blown away by the early response to this album. It's tough to drum up this kind of noise about a release without a major label and country radio airplay,” said Mize, adding, “I think the combined support of Spotify and Apple Music along with a decade of playing small town bars across the country has put us in a really great spot. Seeing these songs connect with country music fans in such a big way is a tremendous feeling.”
Come Back Road Track Listing:
1. Somebody To Thank (Josh Kear / David Frasier / Ed Hill)
2. Life’s a Party (Josh Kear/ Mark Irwin / Chris Tompkins)
3. Cool Girl (Logan Mize / Daniel Tashian)
4. Come Back Road (Josh Kear / Rodney Clawson / Ross Copperman)
5. Better Off Gone (Abe Stoklasa / Donovan Woods)
6. All This Night Needs (Daniel Tashian / Matraca Berg / Dave Berg)
7. Ain’t Always Pretty (Brett Warren/ Brad Warren / Chris Stevens / Lance Miller)
8. Drinkin’ Buddies (Chris Gelbuda / Kylie Sackley)
9. Bands Make Her Dance (Logan Mize / Rodney Clawson / Luke Dick)
10. Catch a Fish (Mize / Brett Warren/ Brad Warren / Lance Miller)
11. All Time (Luke Dick / Shane McAnally/ Josh Osborne)
12. Big City (Daniel Tashian / Troy Verges)
Logan Mize 2017 Tour Dates:
July 28 - El Dorado, KS - El Dorado Lake
July 29 - Concordia, KS - Cloud County Fair
Aug. 12 - Rossville, KS - Rossville Community Park
Sept. 2 - DuQuoin, IL - DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
Sept. 9 - Thomson, IL - Rebels On The Run Country Music Fest
Sept. 15 - Lincoln, NE - Box Awesome’s Bourbon Theatre
Sept. 20 - New York, NY - Mercury Lounge
Sept. 29 - Manhattan, KS - The Hat
Sept. 30 - Hays, KS - The Fox Pavilion
More dates coming soon…
"Wrong Girl" Available on iTunes and Spotify Today